Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Back in the saddle again

Well I'm off again - heading to the US for what I think the pollies call an 'education trip'. I'll be buying books of course, but also visiting several cookbooks shops in New York and California to see how they do business. I'm looking forward to catching up with Bonnie Slotnick in New York, whose Bonnie Slotnick Cookbooks in Greenwich Village has something of a cult following. I'm also visiting the authoritative 'Kitchen Arts and Letters' and hope to drop in on Joanne Hendricks Cookbooks, also in Greenwich. In California there is the relatively new Omnivore Books in San Francisco, which  has the enviable position of being associated with kitchen supply stores Sur le Table. As always I'll be blogging my travels, food adventures and discoveries here.

While I'm away the shop will be open Fridays and Saturdays from 11 -3, except for Friday January 21st, when it will be closed. My patient spouse David is also happy to open the shop by prior arrangement - weekends are best, but weekdays can also be organised. Give him a call on 0418 329 527 if you need a fix!

No comments: