Monday, November 2, 2009

Climbed every mountain

Well Mountains of Books is over for the year and a good time was had by (mostly) all. Sadly I have to report a very poor weekend for cookbooks, but there was a very good attendance thanks to some great publicity in The Age on the weekend, and most stallholders did well. My family did, as always, an amazing job of supporting me in my various hare-brained pursuits. Hayley and Pip personned the canteen on Saturday, Ryan on Sunday, Hayley sat in the shop for me on Sunday and David acted as general dogsbody. Ryan also acted as photographer ( in between directing traffic in the car park - yes it did get that busy) Even my dear friend Dee helped pack books on Thursday for the fair and then to pack (almost all of them) back into boxes again at the end. Here's a few photos:


Over 60 people came in as the doors opened. Attendance was pretty steady on both days .


My Pip, doing a good job of looking after my customers.

Sascha from Lost and Found


Meryll from Rainy Day


Mm-Hmm Yep, Yep, yeah right.... Willie from Kallista Books


And Linda, also from Kallista Books


Yes my stall did have some customers during the weekend, most of them regulars.


Paul Trahair's stall was well-attended for his 50% off - 'Moving to Geelong and need to cull ' sale.



Jill's children's books are always a huge drawcard.


My lovely Hayley, recently back from South America and already back into the swing of helping Mum out

Hayley and Pip - taking a break from touring primary schools to serve lemon slice, chocolate hedgehogs and muffins
. The delightful Pam Bakes. We all love what we do, but in the end it's all about the money!!

No comments: